Monday - Sunday: 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Public Holidays: OPEN
About Urgent Care Clinic
The Devonport Urgent Care Clinic is run by My Clinic Plus Devonport with funding from The Australian Government. Urgent care is when you need urgent medical attention (non-life-threatening) for an illness or injury that can be managed without a trip to the Emergency Department (ED), but cannot wait for a regular appointment with a GP.
Examples of non-life-threatening conditions:
- Minor ear, eye, nose, and throat infections
- Respiratory problems (e.g. asthma or breathing difficulties)
- Stings, bites, rashes or burns
- Acute muscle and joint pain
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs), sexually transmitted infections (STIs), or other minor infections.
- Gastrointestinal illnesses
- Minor fractures, sprains, sports injuries, and neck and back pain
Each patient is triaged by a nurse who will then prioritize the time in which you need to be seen, based on the severity of your condition. Patients are not always seen in the order that they arrive and wait times may vary.
- We accept walk-in patients, with no appointment required
- We are open seven days a week (2 PM – 8 PM) including Public Holidays
- Eligible patients are bulk-billed, meaning there is no cost to the patient.
Medicare Urgent Care Clinics are not an emergency service.
If you require emergency care call Triple Zero (000) or make your way to the nearest ED.
Take steps to protect yourself
If you have respiratory or COVID-19 symptoms, please opt for telephone consultations. Face-to-face appointments require a negative PCR/RAT test within 72 hours. Thank you for your cooperation.